Looking for a fast, reliable, Locksmiths service in Hampstead?
As members of the Master Locksmith Association, the quality of our workmanship has undergone a strict vetting scheme, ensuring that our engineers are extremely competent at fitting, opening and fair pricing taking a great deal of pride in our work. Our wide customer base in Hampstead has built up through recommendation for both domestic and commercial properties. Other surrounding areas include Arkley, Barnet, Childs Hill, Cricklewood, Cockfosters, East Barnet, Friern Barnet, Hadley wood, High Barnet, Mill Hill, New Barnet, Oakleigh Park, Totteridge, Whetstone, Woodside Park.
Additional door security - Lock fitting - Lock Opening - Lock Picking - Safe opening - Safe Fitting -Master key sections - High security restricted key section - 24 hour Locksmith - Emergency Call Out- Window Locks - UPVC door locks fitted / UPVC door locks repaired - Grilles gates and shutters - Emergency door repairs - Burglary repairs - Door closers fitted and repaired -- Banham Locks-Yale locks- Ingersoll locks - Entry phone repairs - and much more.
Commercial customers use our Locksmiths service include: Prominent House Builders, Estate agents, Property management companies, Private Landlords, Private homeowners, Care Homes, Schools
When searching for a Locksmith company to work with consider the customer charter. Woodside Locksmiths Customer charter.
1) All service work including lock-outs are backed by guarantees on workmanship and materials used.
2) When providing a Lock-Out service in the interests of public security we will request proper identity or proof of ownership.
3) We are properly insured to carry Out locksmiths services.
4) Exceptions will occur if any alteration, amendment, removal or reinstallation is made by any persons other than the original installing company. This also applies if any undue wear and tear, abuse or act of vandalism is apparent
5) If product failure or faulty workmanship causes a Lock-Out the company reserves the right to ascertain the cause and carry out any appropriate rectification, also to make charges where applicable, having first advised the customer. Liability is limited to replacement value only of the same or similar equivalent product and in all cases limited to the guarantee periods.
6) All servicing work is carried out to the best interpretation of, or to customer’s instructions. All costs to be advised before commencement of works and any variation affecting specification or cost will be advised prior to completion where possible.
7) In every instance we make every effort to give an estimated price before agreeing to attend a location. However this price will be based on the customer’s information and the operative may have to revise the cost when he arrives on site and assesses the situation.
If you are considering your door security, then ensuring you have a BS 3621: 5 lever mortice lock is a good first step. Far to often we visit properties where these locks are not installed, or installed but not used. Woodside locksmiths offer an installation repair and re-conditioning service on a wide range of 5 lever mortice locks. So if you are only using your rim lock ( Yale lock) then consider using this service.
Thumbturn operated mortice locks: We recommend the installation of a BS:3621: euro mortice lock, lock guard, operating on a thumbturn. This allows customers to lock their front doors from the inside without the use of a key.
Door Blank & Door Frame: Quality locks are only as strong as the doors and frames to which they are attached. When increasing security for domestic and commercial properties the quality of the door and frame are important.
When reviewing the domestic and commercial security we asses the door blank, ensuring that the frame is sound and the door suitable for external use; We recommend the use of our half hour fire check solid door blanks, 44mm (13/4").
If you are assessing, upgrading, or thinking about additional door frame security, then consider steel reinforcements on your door. A London Bar & Birmingham Bar, when installed together strongly prevent either side of the door frame from splitting.
We recommend to many of our customers in Hampstead that when assessing or upgrading additional door security, strong hinges are always required here is a guide line when looking for British Standard, Door or Window Hinges.
We have installed Hinge Bolts for many customers in Hampstead, these offer added security on outward opening external doors. In essence they act as motice bolts when the door is closed, preventing the doors being forced open from the the hinge side.
The use of a door chain and a door viewer improves security when dealing with strangers. A properly installed door chain and door viewer are resistant to tampering from the outside. Using physical force to open the door will leave obvious evidence.
The use of these allows customers inside a premises to view individuals outside your door, and have a restricted opening for communication purposes or exchanging small objects through the door while preventing the individuals outside from gaining access to the structure.
Please note: Weak door locks can sometimes be drilled out using a power drill or prized off with wrenches and pliers. It may be easier for burglars to break-in to garage doors and back doors as they often give the intruders the chance to be hidden from view. These areas of the house should be given extra attention.