A local reliable, MLA qualified Locksmiths service in Finchley
Master Locksmith Association qualified our workmanship has undergone a strict vetting scheme. Our DBS checked engineers are very competent in fitting, opening and fair pricing. As members of the MLA, we take great deal of pride in our work and adhere to these best practices at all times.
Locked out, locked in, faulty Lock. As local Locksmiths we respond quickly when working in Finchley .
Considering heightening the security of your home or business then Woodside Locksmiths is the company to call
Additional door security - Lock fitting - Lock Opening - Lock Picking - Safe opening - Safe Fitting -Master key sections - High security restricted key section - 24 hour Locksmith - Emergency Call Out- Window Locks - UPVC door locks fitted / UPVC door locks repaired - Grilles gates and shutters - Emergency door repairs - Burglary repairs - Door closers fitted and repaired -- Banham Locks-Yale locks- Ingersoll locks - Entry phone repairs - and much more.
Commercial customers using our Locksmiths service include:
Prominent House Builders, Estate agents, Property management companies, Charities, Private Landlords, Private homeowners, Care Homes, Schools, Doctors surgeries,Dentist practices
Our Locksmith service in Finchley has grown through word of Mouth we have built up a strong customer base in domestic and commercial properties. Other surrounding areas include Arkley, Barnet, Childs Hill, Cricklewood, Cockfosters, East Barnet, Edgware, Friern Barnet, Golders Green, Hadley wood, High Barnet,Hampstead, Mill Hill, New Barnet, Oakleigh Park, Totteridge, Whetstone, Woodside Park.
Woodside Locksmiths Customer charter.
1) All service work including lock-outs are backed by guarantees on workmanship and materials used.
2) Companies providing a Lock-Out service will in the interests of public security request proper identity or proof of ownership. Should this not be forthcoming service will be refused, your co-operation is required in these circumstances.
3) All companies are properly insured to carry Out locksmiths services.
4) Exceptions will occur if any alteration, amendment, removal or reinstallation is made by any persons other than the original installing company. This also applies if any undue wear and tear, abuse or act of vandalism is apparent
5) If product failure or faulty workmanship causes a Lock-Out the company reserves the right to ascertain the cause and carry out any appropriate rectification, also to make charges where applicable, having first advised the customer. Liability is limited to replacement value only of the same or similar equivalent product and in all cases limited to the guarantee periods.
6) All servicing work is carried out to the best interpretation of, or to customer’s instructions. All costs to be advised before commencement of works and any variation affecting specification or cost will be advised prior to completion where possible.
7) In every instance we make every effort to give an estimated price before agreeing to attend a location. However this price will be based on the customer’s information and the operative may have to revise the cost when he arrives on site and assesses the situation.
When searching for a Locksmith company to work with, if the points listed above are not listed as common practices, it is a worthwhile exercise to ask why not.
If you live or work in Finchley and are assessing or considering additional door security, then this article is for you.
Assessing, upgrading, or thinking about additional door security, ensure you have a BS 3621: 5 lever mortice lock. Far to often we visit properties in Finchley, where these locks are not installed, or installed but not used. At Woodside Locksmiths we offer an installation repair and re-conditioning service on a wide range of 5 lever mortice locks. If you are only using your rim lock, sometimes referred to as Yale lock, or top lock then use this service.
Tumbturn operated mortice locks:
For customers in Finchley using a BS:3621: 5 lever mortice lock, can increase their front door security by adding surface mounted bolts. Alternatively by installing a BS:3621: Euro mortice lock, lock guard, operating on a thumbturn. Allowing customers to lock their front doors from the inside without the use of a key.
Door Blank & Door Frame:
The quality of the door and door frame, influences the quality of locks fitted as these are only as strong as the doors and frames to which they are attached.
When accessing domestic and commercial security in Finchley we check the door blank, ensuring that the frame is sound and the door suitable for it's use; We recommend the use of at least half hour fire check solid door blanks, 44mm (13/4").
Consider steel reinforcements on your door. London Bar, Birmingham Bar, when installed together these strongly prevent the either side of the door frame from splitting.
We recommend when assessing or upgrading additional door and window security to British standard ensure you have strong hinges.
Hinge Bolts offer added security on outward opening external doors. They act as mortice bolts when the door is closed, preventing the doors from being forced open from the the hinge side.
The use of a door chain and a door viewer improves security when dealing with strangers. A correctly installed door chain and door viewer are resistant to tampering from the outside. Using physical force to open the door will leave obvious evidence.
These allow customers inside a premises to view individuals outside the door. They have a restricted opening for communication purposes or exchanging small objects through the door while preventing the individuals outside from gaining access.
Weak door locks can be drilled out using a power drill or prized off with wrenches and pliers. Ensure garage doors and back doors are secure as entry to these they often give the intruders the chance to be hidden from view.