A fast, reliable, Locksmiths service in Enfield as members of the Master Locksmith Association, the quality of our workmanship has undergone a strict vetting scheme, ensuring that our engineers are extremely competent in : fitting, opening and fair pricing.
As members of the MLA, we take great deal of pride in our work and adhere to these best practices in all instances.
As Locksmiths operating in Enfield, what services do we offer?
Additional door security - Lock fitting - Lock Opening - Lock Picking - Safe opening - Safe Fitting -Master key sections - High security restricted key section - 24 hour Locksmith - Emergency Call Out- Window Locks - UPVC door locks fitted / UPVC door locks repaired - Grilles gates and shutters - Emergency door repairs - Burglary repairs - Door closers fitted and repaired -- Banham Locks-Yale locks- Ingersoll locks - Entry phone repairs - and much more.
If you require a Locksmith in Enfield and considering increasing the security of your home or business then Woodside Locksmiths is the company to call. Our engineers have vast experience in dealing with all type of lock work.
Woodside Locksmiths Customer charter.
1) All service work including lock-outs are backed by guarantees on workmanship and materials used.
2) Companies providing a Lock-Out service will in the interests of public security request proper identity or proof of ownership. Should this not be forthcoming service will be refused, your co-operation is required in these circumstances.
3) All companies are properly insured to carry Out locksmiths services.
4) Exceptions will occur if any alteration, amendment, removal or reinstallation is made by any persons other than the original installing company. This also applies if any undue wear and tear, abuse or act of vandalism is apparent
5) If product failure or faulty workmanship causes a Lock-Out the company reserves the right to ascertain the cause and carry out any appropriate rectification, also to make charges where applicable, having first advised the customer. Liability is limited to replacement value only of the same or similar equivalent product and in all cases limited to the guarantee periods.
6) All servicing work is carried out to the best interpretation of, or to customer’s instructions. All costs to be advised before commencement of works and any variation affecting specification or cost will be advised prior to completion where possible.
7) In every instance we make every effort to give an estimated price before agreeing to attend a location. However this price will be based on the customer’s information and the operative may have to revise the cost when he arrives on site and assesses the situation.
When searching for a Locksmith company to work with, if the points listed above are not listed as common practices, it is a worthwhile exercise to ask why not.
Our Locksmith service in Enfield has built up through word of Mouth we have built up a strong customer base both domestically and commercial properties. Other surrounding areas include Arkley, Barnet, Childs Hill, Cricklewood, Cockfosters, East Barnet, Friern Barnet, Hadley wood, High Barnet, Mill Hill, New Barnet, Oakleigh Park, Totteridge, Whetstone, Woodside Park.
Commercial customers use our Locksmiths service include: Prominent House Builders, Estate agents, Property management companies, Private Landlords, Private homeowners, Care Homes, Schools
If you are assessing, upgrading, or thinking about additional door security, then ensure you have a BS 3621: 5 lever mortice lock. Often we visit properties in Enfield where these locks are not installed, or installed but not used. Woodside locksmiths offer an installation repair and re-conditioning service on a wide range of 5 lever mortice locks. So if you are only using your rim lock, sometimes referred to as Yale lock, or top lock then consider using this service.
Thumbturn operated mortice locks:
For customers in Enfield using a BS:3621: 5 lever mortice lock, but are looking to increase their front door security, surface mounted bolts often spring to mind. However were possible recommend the installation of a BS:3621: euro mortice lock, lock guard, operating on a thumbturn. The installation of this allows customers to lock their front doors from the inside without the use of a key.
Door Blank & Door Frame:
Far to often when working for domestic and commercial properties all around Enfield we see customers wishing to upgrade there locks. However we always have to factor in the quality of the door and to some extent the door frame, it is important to know that quality locks are only as strong as the doors and frames to which they are attached.
When reviewing the domestic and commercial security in Enfield we asses the door blank, ensuring that the frame is sound and the door suitable for external use; We recommend the use use of our half hour fire check solid door blanks, 44mm (13/4").
If you are assessing, upgrading, or thinking about additional door frame security, then consider steel reinforcements on your door. Commonly found in the form of a London Bar & Birmingham Bar, when installed together these strongly prevent the either side of the door frame from splitting.
We recommend to many of our customers in Enfield that when assessing or upgrading additional door security, strong hinges are always required here is a guide line when looking for British Standard, Door or Window Hinges.
We have installed Hinge Bolts for many customers in Enfield, these offer added security on outward opening external doors. In essence they act as motice bolts when the door is closed, preventing the doors being forced open from the the hinge side.
The use of a door chain and a door viewer improves security when dealing with strangers. A properly installed door chain and door viewer are resistant to tampering from the outside. Using physical force to open the door will leave obvious evidence.
The use of these allows customers inside a premises to view individuals outside your door, and have a restricted opening for communication purposes or exchanging small objects through the door while preventing the individuals outside from gaining access to the structure.
Please note: Weak door locks can sometimes be drilled out using a power drill or prized off with wrenches and pliers. It may be easier for burglars to break-in to garage doors and back doors as they often give the intruders the chance to be hidden from view. These areas of the house should be given extra attention.